By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, method, and decode space-based navigation indications, reminiscent of these supplied via the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding desire for a unified open platform that would let superior receiver improvement and layout, in addition to within your means trying out strategies for varied purposes. This publication supply hands-on exploration of recent applied sciences during this swiftly turning out to be field.
One of the original positive factors of the paintings is the interactive process used, giving readers the power to build their very own worldwide Navigation satellite tv for pc platforms (GNSS) receivers. to build one of these reconfigurable receiver with a variety of purposes, the authors talk about receiver structure in accordance with software-defined radio (SDR) suggestions. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, straight forward type and is going from the fundamentals to state of the art research.
Additional positive factors and subject matters include:
* Presentation of simple sign constructions utilized in GPS and Galileo, the ecu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of other equipment of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency house seek; and parallel-code part search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation info decoding
* an entire GPS software program receiver carried out utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter a variety of parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to checking out the cloth coated within the e-book: supplementary front-end equipment—which can be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX process to generate real-world information by means of changing analog indications to electronic signals
* Supplementary direction fabric for teachers on hand at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of contemporary effects and complete index
The e-book is geared toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in numerous GPS expertise and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for somebody operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Similar geology books
This e-book is an illustrative advent to metamorphic rocks as obvious within the box, designed for complicated highschool to graduate-level earth technological know-how and geology scholars to jump-start their observational abilities. as well as pictures of rocks within the box, there are many line diagrams and examples of metamorphic gains proven in skinny part.
Der Zustand der Atmosphare iiber einem bestimmten Ort wird mit Wetter, Witterung oder Klima bezeichnet, wobei das Wetter der augenblickliche Zustand, die Witterung der mittlere Zustand innerhalb eines kiirzeren Zeitintervalls (einige Tage bis ein Jahr) und das Klima der mittlere Zustand fiir ein groBeres Zeitintervall (die Mittelwertbildung erstreckt sich iiber viele Jahre) ist.
Annals of the overseas Geophysical 12 months, quantity forty six: Oceanography covers this system of oceanographic stories performed in the course of the foreign Geophysical 12 months (IGY). this system comprises lengthy wave and sea point recording, deep water move, polar entrance survey, and multipleship present dimension.
- Four Centuries of Geological Travel: The Search for Knowledge on Foot, Bicycle, Sledge and Camel (Geological Society Special Publication no 287)
- Investigating Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanoes (Introduction to Earth Science)
- An Introduction to Seismic Isolation
- Paradoxes in Geology
- Deformation Mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics: Current Status and Future Perspectives
Additional resources for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
We assume B and C have equal power. For given relative signal powers we want to solve for these variables. So let us assume a relative signal power of 50% for A, and 25% for both B and C. The ﬁrst condition expresses that the norm of the I and the Q part of the signal S must be unity: (α − α)2 + (β + γ )2 = 1. The condition of equal power for both I and Q channels leads to α2 + α2 = β 2 . Finally, the condition that the combined power equals one leads to α 2 + α 2 + β 2 + γ 2 = 1. In total, we have three equations in three unknowns: β + γ = 1, 2α 2 = β 2 , 2α 2 + β 2 + γ 2 = 1.
The ephemeris data relate to the satellite orbit and are needed to compute a satellite position. 5 minutes, giving a total of 50 subframes. Subframes 4 and 5 contain almanac data. The almanac data are the ephemerides and clock data with reduced precision. Additionally, each satellite transmits almanac data for all GPS satellites while it only transmits ephemeris data for itself. , UTC parameters, health indicators, and ionospheric parameters. For a more in-depth description of the contents of the navigation data, see SPS (1995).
7) In this expression α, β, and γ are ampliﬁcation factors that determine the distribution of useful power among the channels A, B, and C. We assume B and C have equal power. For given relative signal powers we want to solve for these variables. So let us assume a relative signal power of 50% for A, and 25% for both B and C. The ﬁrst condition expresses that the norm of the I and the Q part of the signal S must be unity: (α − α)2 + (β + γ )2 = 1. The condition of equal power for both I and Q channels leads to α2 + α2 = β 2 .